The Mayor’s Cup - Event Details
Date: January 22 , 2014 to January 25, 2014
Times: Thursday, January 22 - Sunday, January 25, 2014
Location: Monty's Coconut Grove, 2550 S Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133
Admission: Entry fees start at $1,695.
The Mayor's Cup Fishing Tournament registration can be done online.
Contact: Ocean Promotions
Address: 2550 S. Bayshore Drive, Suite 11, Coconut Grove, FL 33133
The Mayor's Cup Tournament Hotline: 305-461-2700
A Marlin on the line at the Mayors Cup, Miami
Professional and amateur anglers will participate from January 22-25, 2015 at The Mayor’s Cup fishing tournament.
The Mayor’s Cup rules are basic to minimize the amount of restrictions on the anglers so that a wider array of anglers can participate. Some basic rules include:
* Camera Verification - All teams must verify their catch with a digital camera or video camera.
* Boundaries - Carysfort to Port Everglades.
* All-Tackle - Use the tackle you are comfortable with
* Circle hooks mandatory - In accordance with the NMFS rule, non-offset circle hooks must be used.
* Amateur divisions - Fish against teams within your skill level.
* Billfish and fun fish prizes - More chances to win.
Prize Categories for 2014 Prize Categories TBD
The King’s Ransom is a winner-take-all prize with the team with the most billfish release points during the tournament wins gets 100% to top team. Team entry is $1,000 per team.
Top Team - Open - Inboard
Top Open Angler
Fun Fish Fortune
Amateur Diamond Daily
Top Amateur Team
Top Amateur Angler
Top Amateur Captain
Top Female Angler
Top Junior Angler
2014 Monty’s Marina and Dock Space—
Monty’s is located right in the heart of Coconut Grove. Dock space is limited so make your reservations early. 24-Security provided by Custom Protection Security. For rates contact the Dockmaster at 305-854-7997.