Historically the Hurricanes played football in the Orange Bowl in downtown Miami. Today they play their games in Landshark Stadium - Where the Miami Dolphins play.
For several years the Miami Hurricanes (UM) played both the University of Florida (UF) and Florida State (FSU) every season. In fact, UM and FSU met in several national championship games.
Currently the UM is the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) along with FSU so the two continue to play every season and have a strong rivalry.
Miami Hurricanes Football Schedule
The Hurricanes play in the ACC - below is their schedule for 2010.
- September 2 - Home Game vs Florida A&M
- September 11 - at Ohio State- 3:30 p.m. - ESPN HD & ESPN 3D
- September 23 - at Pittsburgh - 7:30 p.m. - ESPN
- October 2 - at Clemson - TBA
- October 9 - Home Game vs. Florida State - TBA
- October 16 - at Duke - TBA
- October 23 - Home Game vs. North Carolina - TBA
- October 30 - at Virginia - TBA
- November 6 - Home Game vs. Maryland - TBA
- November 13 - at Georgia Tech - TBA
- November 20 - Home Game vs. Virginia Tech - TBA
- November 27 - Home Game vs. USF - TBA
Miami Hurricanes in the NFL
University of Miami Football is famous for turning out great NFL players, especially quarterbacks.
A few notable NFL quarterbacks from the University of Miami (known as “the U”) include Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinney Testaverde, Steve Walsh, and Craig Erickson.
Other notable NFL players from the U include:
- Devin Hester
- Kellen Winslow
- Jeremy Skockey
- Santana Moss
- Willis MaGahee
- Andre Johnson
- Bubba Franks
- Jeff Feagles
- Ken Dorsey
- Warren Sapp
Miami Hurricane Tickets
Tickets for Miami Hurricane games can be purchased for individual games or the entire season. A season ticket starts at $99. There are family sections where no alcohol is permitted and there is a special section for current UM students.
Many Miami Hurricane season ticket holders will sell tickets to individual games through online ticket exchanges. And that’s a good way to get good seats.
Have a Question or Comment? Submit it below!