The Environmental Studies Center is located across the street from the Indian River Lagoon at:
2900 N.E. Indian River Drive
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
Telephone: (772) 219-1887
Students from Martin County Schools take field trips to the Environmental Studies Center and spend the day in the center and on the beach. The center even has an Alligator named Joey who is on loan from Gator Land.
The center is open daily free of charge to the public.
The Environmental Studies Center offers summer camps for children 7 years old and older. Camp activities include:
- A half day boat trip
- Seining in the Indian River Lagoon
- Setting up and maintaining aquaria
- Area beach and park visits
- Cast netting
- Various water activities at guarded beaches
- Snorkeling at guarded beaches
- Arts and Crafts
- Games and relay races
- Camp Olympics
Have a Question or Comment? Submit it below!