Blue Heaven Restaurant in Key West, FL
The Inside Florida Team had breakfast in July of 2007 at Blue Heaven. We tried the omelettes, and Richards Very Good Pancakes (we had the banana and plain) and wow were they good.
As we ate there were baby chickens walking around under our feet and the restaurant was hopping. It was a warm day and the tables are outside so we chugged plenty of ice cold water.
Blue Heaven Restaurant
729 Thomas St
Key West, Florida 33040
Blue Heaven is located a few blocks from the water (like just about everything in Key West) at the corner of Thomas St. and Angela St. Parking in the area can be a little tough during peak times.
Blue Heaven Menu
Here are a few more highlights from the menu:
- Richards Very Good Pancakes (there are really, really good), Plain, Banana, Pecan, Pineapple - Pure maple syrup available.
- Eggs Benedict - served with with poached eggs, english muffin with lime Hollandaise
- Vegetable Benedict, Ham Benedict, Sausage Benedict, Bacon Benedict, Beef Tenderloin Benedict
- Home made granola - made with organic oats - available with milk, soy milk, fruit, and organic low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Omelettes - Suzanne’s Favorite (mushroom, cheese and onio), Cheese Omelette with Vermont white sharp cheddar
- Shrimp and Grits - Five sautéed Key West shrimp served over grits, with Vermont white cheddar cheese, scallions and bakery fresh toast
- Breakfast Tortillas and Sandwiches
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Garden or Caesar Salad
- Jamacian Jerk Chicken Sandwich
- Shrimp melt - sauteed Key West shrimp topped with cheddar cheese
- Locally Caught Fish. Natural Beef Hamburger, Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Caribbean BBQ Shrimp
- Port Tenderloin, Beef Tenderloin
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Fresh Seafood - Scallops, Yellowtail Snapper
And for Dessert, try the Key Lime Pie
Blue Heaven is one of the best restaurants in Key West, great food, a fun memorable scene, and don’t forget the gift shop where you will find Blue Heaven T-shirts, some great island music, and a friendly dog.
Have a Question or Comment? Submit it below!