Blowing Rocks is a great beach with a rocky shoreline. If you want to swim it’s best to visit the beach during low tide for safety when there is sand is accessible below the rocks.
Visting Blowing Rocks
574 South Beach Road, Hobe Sound, FL 33455-2804.
The usual schedule for Blowing Rocks is the beach is open from 9am until 4:30pm every day except major holidays.
2011 Summer Schedule
From June 18 until August 7, 2011, Blowing Rocks will be closed on Weekends - the weekday schedule remains the same.
To get to the beach you will have to walk about 10 minutes from the parking lot. The beach is part of a preserve and there is a fee of $2 per person for beach access - children 12 and under are free.
Blowing Rocks is located on barrier island sanctuary between the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River Lagoon. In addition to the beach there is a nature trail, a butterfly garden, and the Hawley Education Center with educational and art exhibits.
Blowing Rocks Beach, Jupiter Island FL
Waves blasting through holes in the rocks at high tide.
Directions to Blowing Rocks
Coming from the north on I-95:
- Take Hobe Sound exit 96 and head east on Bridge Road (SR 708).
- Cross US 1 and continue on Bridge Road.
- Take a right onto Jupiter Island at the end of the road (just before the beach).
- Continue to the stop sign and bear to the left (south).
- The preserve is approximately 7 miles south and offers parking on both sides of the road.
Coming from the south on I-95:
- Take Jupiter exit 87A (Indiantown Road).
- Continue east on Indiantown Road to US 1.
- Turn north (left) on US 1 to Jupiter Inlet.
- Immediately after crossing bridge turn right on South Beach Road (CR707).
- Drive 2 miles and look for preserve sign on right. Parking is 1/2 mile ahead.
Have a Question or Comment? Submit it below!